Online Access to IRS & FTB
If you’ve ever tried calling the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or Franchise Tax Board (FTB), you know how difficult it can be! More and more communication is now done securely via their online portals.
We highly recommend that you sign-up for online access. Doing so will make it easier to access your accounts come tax time as well as communicate with the IRS and FTB on your behalf.
Verifying Your Identity
In the setup process, both the IRS and FTB will verify your identity. You’ll need the following on hand:
- An email address
- Social security number or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- One financial account number linked to your name, such as:
- the last 8 digits of a credit card (note: debit cards, AmEx and some cards cannot be used)
- student loan
- mortgage or home equity loan
- home equity line of credit
- auto loan
- Mobile phone linked to your name or ability to receive an activation code by mail
Register for IRS Online
To create your online IRS account, follow the instructions on the View Your Account Information page. Details on what information you can view along with frequently asked questions are included.
Register for Your MyFTB Account
To create your MyFTB account, follow the instructions on the Create a MyFTB account page. It’s a three-step process that includes a PIN mailed to you within 5-7 days.
Start Tax Planning Now
Every personal and business situation is unique when it comes to minimizing taxes and strategic financial planning. The key to tax minimization is to begin planning before it’s too late to make course corrections that affect your personal and business’ tax liabilities. Schedule a tax planning meeting today.